The administrative assistant is responsible for general office and clerical duties. Customer service is a priority, as this position is the first point of contact for customers calling in. This person also assists the operational units (Office, Finance, Service, Construction) with project-based assignments.
This position requires the ability to keep confidentiality, a professional appearance and demeanor, and a helpful attitude; the administrative assistant must be able to work with a wide variety of contacts.
- General office organization, including but not limited to answering phones, filing, distributing information, and other tasks as assigned.
- Answer and direct incoming phone calls. Check general voice mail daily.
- Greet customers. Listen and respond to customers in a professional manner.
- Responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, including delivering mail to appropriate personnel.
- Perform clerical duties such as photocopying, scanning, emailing, filing, and other tasks as assigned.
- Perform general housekeeping duties. Keep public areas clean and presentable.
- Assist with planning and organizing special events.
- Monday through Friday.
- Part time hours to be determined.
- Reports to Hillsboro office.
- Excellent customer service skills, strong computer skills, knowledge of basic office procedures, experience with Microsoft Office, and familiarity with multi-line phone systems.
- Minimum 2 years of office experience is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
Thank you for your interest in working for METCO! To apply for any of our positions please send your resume, cover letter and a completed employment application (PDF) to:
Attn: Jenny Mueller
PO Box 448
Hillsboro, WI 54634
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org